Monday, July 4, 2011

Cornerstone Festival Style

I just got home from a wonderful vacation. I took my kids and dad to Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, IL.  It was four fantastic days of sweating. I saw many people with great style. Unfortunately I was not one of them. I was way to busy trying to wrangle children. Cornerstone is not for the faint of heart but it is almost my favorite thing all year. So here are some pictures of Cornerstone hair and makeup for you to enjoy. Most of the photographs are courtesy of Cornerstone Festival. More can be viewed on their website www.cornerstonefestival.com.
The above picture is of me with no hair style and no makeup because it was 101 degrees in the shade. 
I always appreciate a good Mohawk! (Well to be really honest I don't really appreciate a Mohawk on a child under 13. It is the equivalent of a Taz tattoo on an adult.) 
I don't do many Mohawks but if I was to do this one I would have first sectioned the hair and measured the Mohawk from side to side and front to back to make sure it was even. I would then shave the rest of the head and use a straight razor or safety razor to polish it up. Next I would cut the hair at 90 degrees from the head throughout the top section. Then the hair would need to be lightened to a pale yellow. (This can be really tricky and I suggest you let a professional do it.) Then I would use a blue temporary color. Lastly I would section the hair in to spikes and use a mixture of Elmer's glue and pomade to give it extra shine. This look would also benefit from some blow drying and a little hairspray. Who wants to try it? 
I love the lady on the left with the beautiful dark blue at her roots and the soft blue on the ends. I wonder if she meant to do that.
I kind of want to be this girl. She has a really sweet pixie cut that has some fullness in the back and full sideburns. 
I really have no idea what these people are doing. It is like a cross between Donnie Darco and Satan worshipers. I have to admire the effort though.
This lovely young lady made some good makeup choices. The dark eyes and pale lips are sexy all the time. Her skin looks great because she is sweating!
I love these beautiful waves. You can tell her hair has been in french braids for days. 
I am happy to say that I am now sitting on my couch enjoying the silence after a blissful week of incredibly loud music. I hope you enjoyed the pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment