Sunday, July 17, 2011

Playing With Eye Color


One of the questions I get the most is, "What color of eyeshadow should I wear? What would match my skin tone." Because I am a Colorist the answer is obvious to me: ANY COLOR!
I love every color on any eye. The trick is knowing how much color and where. This week I felt like experimenting with colors that usually neutralize each other because they sit opposite on the color wheel. Red/Green, Yellow/Purple and Blue/Orange.

Here is Purple/Yellow. As you can see I used a really bright yellow. I used an angled brush and applied right on the upper lid line. I kept it out of the corner of the eye so it wouldn't be too much.On the rest of the eye I used a wide eyeshadow brush and worked to the outer corner of the eye. 
I love the bright red. This is a really bold look. I used a dark green all over the lid. The red is used to line the upper and lower lids. I did use the Smashbox lid primer. It isn't organic or natural but it gets the job done.
Here is a really soft eye using Blue/Orange. I used a really bright blue on the lid and stippled a bright orange in to the crease. I didn't use any liner or mascara to give it a softer appearance.
I can never get enough color!

No comments:

Post a Comment