Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skincare with Frangipani and Olives

I am really happy with my skin right now. I get compliments frequently and it makes me feel like a goddess. I am sure it is because I am using all natural products. Not to mention the fact that the Goddess Athena came to me in a dream and told me that the oil of the Olive was the secret to eternal youth.
Would you like to know my secrets?
This little bottle on the left is my ambrosia from Athena. I must tell you that my wonderful friend Crunchy Candid gave this to me to try. If you haven't yet you should check out her blog because it is majestic. www.crunchycandid.blogspot.com.

This little jar is filled with 80% Olive Oil and 20% Castor Oil. I will be omitting the Castor Oil in my next batch and replacing it with a different oil because of the human health risk involved in harvesting the Castor Oil beans. (If you are using Castor Oil I encourage you to do some research before you buy more.)

I use this mixture every time I bathe. I massage it in to my skin and steam it with a very hot washcloth several times before washing it off. You would think that using Olive Oil would be bad for oily skin but it isn't. It cleanses the skin and leaves it feeling supple and smooth.
In between showers or baths I use Frangipani's Refreshing Face Wash. I met the woman who makes and sells the Frangipani products at the IBS beauty show in January. She started creating cosmetics out of need for skin care for her extremely sensitive skin. They are made in very small batches near her home in Indianapolis, IN. Although not organic, all the Fragapini products are made from natural ingredients. You can read more about Frangipani at frangipanibodyproducts.com.

Here is what their website had to say about the Refreshing Face wash:

"This gentle face wash combines the cleansing properties of castile soap with the gentle, pampering of neroli and rose geranium infused floral waters. The great smell and clean feeling you have after using this product will stay with you all day!"

 The little tub above is Shea Butter Softening Lotion and it is a little bit of heaven.
Initially, I was scared to use it because it is so thick. (You have to take a tiny amount and rub it in your hands until it warms up and it thins out a bit.) I use it on my face every day. I use it on my hands and lips. I use it to brighten up my tattoos. It's wonderful and it smells like Geraniums. Here is what the Frangipani website had to say about it:
"Shea butter is one of my favorite ingredients. It softens skin like no other! The calming essential oils in this lotion are perfect for skin that suffers from acne, rosacea, or any other irritant."
Try what I use!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment