Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Do It Yourself Secial Event Hair-Prepping the Hair

So you want to do your own hair. I can respect that. Not all occasions call for my assistance. I am graciously going to share a few tips with you so that you can create your own special event look. The first thing that you should know is that prepping the hair is the most important thing in the up style. You must start with clean hair.
This is my beautiful model Allison. Her hair is clean and dry. I do not use many hair products (gasp) because so many are completely unnecessary. I suggest a light creama gel. It is nice to give the hair a little body and holding power before you start. If I am going to use a product I usually prefer Alterna's Creama Gel for all hair types or Alterna's Thickening Compound for fine hair. Both products have organic ingredients in them although I doubt they are completely organic. It is really hard to find a quality hair styling product that is organic. If you know of a good one please do tell.
Creama Gel

You can get this from your favorite salon professional.
So please shampoo and condition your hair. Next use a light hold styling aide and blow dry until completely dry. It is good to blow dry in a downwards motion to keep the hair as smooth as possible. If you have really curly hair I suggest using an oil and flat iron. You don't want to iron the hair in to a finished style but you want to just work the oil in to the hair to give it a little shine and slip. I recommend Alterna's Spray Shine for this. It is the best spray shine I have ever found.
This spray shine is great for all hair types. It will not leave the hair feeling heavy or oily. It's a perfect finisher.

Now that your hair is clean, dry and shiny you can move on to setting the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment