Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Makeup Show Chicago

What can I say about the show? It was like a delicious cold drink after wandering in the wilderness running from bears and mountain lions. I mean a cold drink like Organic black tea infused with wild raspberry. I really didn't think it would be that great. I thought it would be a lot of over dressed and over made up consumers purchasing and growling like black Friday at Walmart.

I was pleasantly surprised by a few really special things that I saw there.
Here is Jon Hennessey talking about his philosophy of beauty.  I kind of sat drooling over how handsome he is for a few minutes before I listened to what he said. Then I felt kind of guilty because I am married. Then I felt kind of relieved because the parts of him that are so handsome to me remind me of my husband.  Anyway, he really just spoke my beauty language. I love to make women beautiful using their own unique traits. It so important to me to have integrity when I work with a client. I guess I could talk about that for a long time. I encourage you to take a look at some of Jon's work. I wish he was my pal because we also have the same taste in music.
Who can resist the power of OCC cosmetics? There is no escape. This is a really special company. They are totally cruelty free and use many natural ingredients in their products. Their color selection is to die for and they really cater to artists. Their booth had a really good vibe. There were too few natural/vegan companies at the show so I was excited to see them there. I watched their airbrush demo and so enjoyed the honesty and humor from the artist who did it. His name is failing me right this second but I was pumped about him!

O.K. I guess I will have to do a part 2 because I have steak on the grill. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment