Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Kids

I am not a mom blogger. ( I actually get kind of annoyed with most mom bloggers.)  But I did learn something about myself from my kids today that brought me a lot of hope.

Our family has had a rough few years. There have been many downs and very few ups. Things have finally seemed to stabilize since we haven't had any trauma for at least a month. 

Yesterday I spent most of the day frustrated with myself, my house and my kids. It's not uncommon for me. I have some unique challenges. I went to bed feeling like I was completely out of touch with myself. But before I fell asleep I went to stare at the faces of my babes.

And I decided that it is time to get out of the desert and into the sun. It was a powerful moment inspired by faith, hope and love.  This morning I woke up to two beautiful faces looking to me to set the tone for the day. I decided that the tone was going to be peace, gentleness, love and obedience.

As I lay in bed tonight I realize that I didn't have to fret all day. My attitude change changed everything. Thank you James Arden and Lucy June for needing me to go beyond myself.

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog mary :) have a fun day! Lisa Hayes :)

    ReplyDelete